Track and Field Team Contract and Survey
Read, sign, and return to the head coach
Athlete full name:____________________________ Gender: Male Female Grade: 9 10 11 12
Cotton T-shirt size: XS S M L XL XXL XXXL Tech t-shirt: XS S M L XL XXL XXL
Hoodie: XS S M L XL XXL XXXL
ALL Parents: Please fill out your contact info below. If you can volunteer at one of our home track meets as a timer,
official, field event help, etc, please circle yes in the box below and we well contact you.
Name:__________________________ Phone #: ____________________________
Email: __________________________ I would like to help at track meets: YES NO
2018 Team Contract
Athletes Parents and Coaches agree to the following. I will...
1. Emphasize academics before athletics: I recognize that no F’s are required to compete at track
2. Stay current on the schedule and where meets are held and what time the bus leaves by joining
google classroom and checking the team calendar.
3. Show respect for teammates, opponents, parents, and coaches in person and on social media.
4. Avoid swearing or obscenities, in person or via music/video/social media.
5. Comply with all standards and expectations found in the 2018 team handbook.
Athletes agree to: I, ______________________________ (print name), agree to...
1. Attend every practice and meet. Rare absences will be requested in advance in writing.
2. Inform a coach in writing if I am injured and visiting with the trainer for any reason.
3. Separate myself from the groups that demean others or breed negativity in any way including social
4. Follow all coach instructions and work hard in practice.
5. Be a positive role model for younger athletes as an ambassador for the sport of track and field.
Parents agree to: : I, ______________________________ (print name), agree to...
1. Accept the authority of coaches to determine team strategy and individual training.
2. Avoid the use of tobacco and refrain from being under the influence of alcohol when around
3. Provide only supportive comments to coaches, officials, and players of all teams.
4. Bring concerns directly to a coach before they become a major issue.
5. Show enthusiasm, interest, and support for my athlete by attending as many contests as possible
Coaches agree to: I, (all track coaches) agree to...
1. Model excellent sportsmanship 100% on and off the field.
2. Make time to speak with parents about concerns at a time that is mutually convenient.
3. Keep up-to-date on the best coaching strategies
4. Recognize personal performance and improvement as more important than winning or losing.
5. Enforce all team rules consistently and fairly.
Signature of Athlete: ___________________________ Date: __________________
Signature of Parent(s): __________________________ Date: __________________